At Setyres we have the latest diagnostic and battery checking equipment in all of our centres to ensure that your car battery is in good health.
If you suspect your car’s battery is coming to the end of its life, call into your local Setyres depot for a free battery health check.We do this by comparing against manufacturer's specifications.
Car batteries have an average lifespan of four years – when batteries reach about 3years of age look out for signs which might suggest your battery is coming to the end of its life:
- Is your ignition taking longer to turn over?
- Do your car’s headlights appear dimmer, as well as hazards and indicators?
- Is your car engine not turning over at all and causing a rapid clicking noise?
Our expertly trained technicians will use specialist equipment to make sure your car battery can hold charge effectively. They will also check its ‘Cranking’ abilities, which is the battery’s capability to deliver the power bursts required to start your car.
The battery is one of the most important components of your car. It’s the source of all power in the vehicle so maintenance and care is vital. Battery failure can be caused by a number of things; infrequent use of your car, severe cold weather, leaving the lights or radio on, low battery water level due to high under bonnet temperatures [results in high acid in the battery] or even high vehicle vibration.
Simple and easy maintenance of your car battery will help lengthen its lifespan and help maintain its reliability:
- Keep your car battery clean and dry at all times.
- Ensure the battery is secure and the connections are not loose.
- Never allow the battery to run completely flat.
- Ensure all lights [interior and exterior] are turned off when leaving the vehicle.
- Avoid using the radio when the car is not running.
We have a great range of batteries available in all our centres. Find your nearest Setyres branch here. All batteries in stock are charged and ready for immediate installation by our professional, qualified technicians.